COMPARING THE BEST SELLING DOG AND CAT FOODS
Clean Label Project™ completed a variety of studies over the past few years looking at the true contents of America’s best-selling pets foods. We examined the levels of heavy metals, bisphenols, pesticide residues and other contaminants linked to cancer in over 1,000 best-selling pet food products from 80 brands. We investigated the presence of pentobarbital, a euthanasia-drug used on companion animals, in best-selling pet foods. In an effort to evaluate correlations between heavy metals in pet food and cancer, we also want to hear your stories about beloved pets that you may have lost to cancer in our Pet Cancer Survey.
PET FOOD PRODUCTS
PRODUCT TESTING RESULTS
Read more about Clean Label Project™ findings in our infographics and white papers. Check out our certified brands and products lists for the brands that are voluntarily and proactively thinking of food and consumer product safety differently.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Demand better! Sign our petition to demand transparency in labeling from the FDA
- Be a Conscious Consumer! Research the products you buy on cleanlabelproject.org and share our “shopping lists” with friends and family. And look for a Clean Label Project certification emblem on products you purchase.
- Sign up! Join Clean Label Project’s email list to be the first to receive new product ratings and other valuable information—which will help you choose clean products.
- Follow Clean Label Project! You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for daily updates.
- Support Our Work! Make a tax-deductible donation that will allow us to continue our fight for cleaner products and transparency in labeling.
- Speak to your pediatricians! If you are concerned about your child’s exposure to industrial & environmental contaminants, your pediatrician may run a complete blood count and chemistry panel to assess overall organ function and blood counts.