CBD, PROTEIN & DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS
Consumer’s reach for health & fitness products (like CBD, dietary supplements, and protein bars) to complement their already healthy lifestyle choices. Whether looking to bulk up, slim down, relax, or just to stay healthy, consumers reaching for health & fitness products are proactively trying to focus on their wellness. Clean Label Project evaluates these products for heavy metals, pesticide residues, and plasticizers each linked to cancers or reproductive harm. These industrial & environmental contaminants and chemicals of concern have no place in health & fitness products.
PRODUCT TESTING & INVESTIGATIONS
Clean Label Project™ conducts its investigations by using consumer chain of custody sampling and testing. Clean Label Project creates its shopping lists for it’s investigation through the use of Nielson and IRI sales data coupled with mainstream retailers best-sellers list. We then go into the marketplace and purchase the products from local, regional, and national grocery stores and online-retailers. Instead of taking them home and putting them in our pantry or medicine cabinet, Clean Label Project takes them to one of its partner laboratories for testing. This data informs Clean Label Project industry calls to action.
Read more about Clean Label Project™ findings in our infographics and white papers. Check out our certified brands and products lists for the brands that are voluntarily and proactively thinking of food and consumer product safety differently.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Demand better! Sign our petition to demand transparency in labeling from the FDA
- Be a Conscious Consumer! Research the products you buy on cleanlabelproject.org and share our “shopping lists” with friends and family. And look for a Clean Label Project certification emblem on products you purchase.
- Sign up! Join Clean Label Project’s email list to be the first to receive new product ratings and other valuable information—which will help you choose clean products.
- Follow Clean Label Project! You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for daily updates.
- Support Our Work! Make a tax-deductible donation that will allow us to continue our fight for cleaner products and transparency in labeling.
- Speak to your pediatricians! If you are concerned about your child’s exposure to industrial & environmental contaminants, your pediatrician may run a complete blood count and chemistry panel to assess overall organ function and blood counts.